What causes Acne?
Acne occurs when a sebaceous oil gland surrounding a hair follicle becomes clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Bacteria growth takes place in the blockage, resulting in an infection and the subsequent acne blemishes.
How does ance treatment with elos technology work?
- elos uses combined energies of light and gentle Bi-Polar radio-frequency to target bacteria that causes acne
- Treatment may prevent sebaceous glands from over-producing oil and promote skin healing after breakouts
What results can I expect?
- Over a series of treatments, most patients notice faster healing time of existing acne.
- Frequency and severity of breakouts should subside as treatments go on
- Ongoing treatments can help prevent breakouts and promote skin healing after breakouts by evening out skin tone and texture
How often are treatments done?
- Treatments are done twice a week for 4 to 6 weeks, with each treatment taking approximately 15 minutes After the initial series of treatments, your clinician may prescribe additional sessions spread over longer intervals to fine-tune your therapy and help maintain the results
Does the treatment hurt?
- Some patients describe the sensation as a "hot pinch" feeling that lasts for a fraction of a second You may feel warmth or a tingling sensation for a short time afterward The cooling tip of the elos AC applicator touches the skin surface during the treatment, making the treatment both comfortable and safe Most patients do not use topical anesthetic to numb the skin for this procedure
When can I expect to see results?
- Typically results can be noticed in a four-six week time interval with two treatments per week
Who should have elos acne treatment?
- Anyone with acne on the face, chest and back who wants an alternative to traditional topical or oral therapies A few medical conditions that contraindicate people from treatment; these will be discussed during consultation
Are there any risks to treatment?
- Technological advances make this one of the safest acne treatment systems available for all skin tones – even very dark skin. There is no long-term health hazard from Light or Radio-Frequency Energies