MiXto Skin Resurfacing Rancho Cucamonga
Fractionated laser skin resurfacing with faster results & less downtime.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) lasers have long been considered the gold standard for non-surgical facial rejuvenation, and the new MiXto® laser has raised this bar. MiXto is a laser skin resurfacing treatment that uses a fully customizable CO2 fractionated laser to safely improve skin’s complexion and tone without surgery so you can enjoy your newly rejuvenated skin without pain or serious downtime.
- How does MiXto work?
- What are the advantages of MiXto?
- Who is a good candidate?
- How many treatments will I need?
- MiXto treatment and recovery
- What treatments can enhance my MiXto results?
How does MiXto work?
MiXto stands for the “mixture” of CO2 energy and fractional skin resurfacing. By combining these two advanced technologies, the MiXto laser can treat your skin at a superficial or deep level, depending on your skin type and desired results.
Here’s how it works: MiXto’s advanced technology divides the area of skin you wish to treat into 4 quadrants, or “fractions.” Its scanner then allows the laser beam to pass over each fraction until the entire area is treated, resulting in maximum thermal cooling between laser passes. These prolonged intervals between passes increase patient comfort and decrease skin wounding for quicker recovery and results.
What can MiXto treat?
MiXto can be used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Acne scars
- Fine lines
- Mild skin laxity
- Skin growths & lesions
- Sun damage, including actinic keratosis
- Age spots
Where can MiXto be applied?
MiXto is primarily used to treat the face, however, it can also be used to revive and tighten dull and crepey skin in the neck, chest, arms, and hands.
Visit our Before & After GalleryView Patient Results and Save your Favorites >
What are the advantages of MiXto?
Not only does MiXto’s laser immediately begin to tighten and rejuvenate tired, loose skin, but it also stimulates new collagen production over the next 6-12 weeks for results that improve with time. Other advantages of MiXto include:
- Smoother, softer, more youthful skin
- Brightens skin & improves complexion
- Can tighten the area around the eyes & reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the mouth & forehead
- Customizable treatment just for your skin—our cosmetic team can control the depth & heat for the results you want
- Uniform treating of tissue for more predictable & consistent results
- Less pain, risk, & downtime than traditional CO2 resurfacing
- No incisions or scars
- No general anesthesia required, just a topical numbing gel
- Optimum results in fewer treatments than other laser skin resurfacing
Who is a good candidate?
The following are good candidates for MiXto treatment:
- Teens & young adults who want to treat acne scars
- Men & women who want to treat wrinkles & fine lines
- Men & women who want to tighten skin & rejuvenate their complexion
- Older adults who want to treat age spots, deep-set wrinkles, & pre-cancerous skin growths
How many treatments will I need?
We find that most patients only require a single MiXto treatment, but for patients with more severe wrinkles and acne scars, 2-3 treatments may be required to achieve your ideal results.
MiXto treatment and recovery
MiXto laser treatments typically last between 30 minutes to 1 hour. Our team will prepare you by applying a topical numbing cream to the areas of skin to be treated. You will be fully conscious and may experience a brief “snapping” sensation as the laser passes over your skin, but most patients do not find this painful.
Downtime for MiXto treatment is roughly 5 days. Redness and swelling are common during the first day after treatment, and you can expect some peeling and itchiness (similar to a sunburn) over the following 3-4 days. You may take OTC pain relievers during this time, but we find that most patients are able to tolerate this mild discomfort without them.
You should avoid wearing makeup for the first 2-3 days following your MiXto treatment. You should also avoid direct sun exposure for the first week following your treatment, and wear a quality sunscreen and protective clothing if you must venture into the sun.
What treatments can enhance my MiXto results?
MiXto is a great procedure to have performed following a facelift because it can match your newly lifted face with a more youthful and glowing complexion. Similarly, MiXto can effectively match your skin’s complexion to your eyelid lift results.
Schedule your MiXto consultation today
Our highly experienced and fellowship trained cosmetic surgeons Dr. Jacob Haiavy, Dr. Irene Tower, and Dr. Emma Ryan have over 40 years of combined cosmetic surgery experience helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals. Contact their Inland Empire practice online or call (909) 987-0899 to learn more about how the MiXto laser can rejuvenate your skin without surgery or significant downtime.