Rancho Cucamonga scarless breast augmentation
Our surgeons specialize in transumbilical breast augmentation for scar-free results
As most breast augmentation patients will tell you, the cost, recovery, and even the faint scars are totally worth the feeling you get when you look in the mirror and love what you see. But what if you didn’t have to worry about the inevitable scarring and could just focus on how much you love your new bust? Here at Inland Cosmetic Surgery, you can.
I got the TUBA breast augmentation. The recovery time was minimal and not too much pain. I healed fairly quickly and I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the results!!!Real Inland Cosmetic Surgery patient
TUBA, or transumbilical breast augmentation, is a breast implant placement technique that produces excellent results with minimal scarring. Sometimes referred to as “belly button” breast augmentation, TUBA is a specialized procedure that requires great skill and experience. Dr. Haiavy was one of the first cosmetic surgeons in the United States and Southern California to perform transumbilical breast augmentation—and our practice remains one of only a few who offer TUBA. Dr. Haiavy has published several articles on the technique, and over 3,000 of these special procedures have been performed at Inland Cosmetic Surgery.
Benefits of TUBA breast augmentation
This unique procedure virtually eliminates many of the concerns patients may have about breast augmentation—and there are many procedure and recovery benefits of the TUBA technique.
- No visible scars: There is no cut made to the breast, nipple, or underarm.
- Reduced loss of sensation: Nerves and breast tissue are usually less disturbed and no cut is made to the sensitive nipple area.
- Reduced risk of infection: The procedure is performed through one small incision away from the breast area.
- Quicker recovery: Because fewer and smaller incisions are made, your body has less to heal. While you will still need to take it easy, our TUBA patients are back to feeling normal much sooner.
- Less pain: While you’ll still feel tightness and some soreness as your body acclimates to the breast implants, the breasts themselves are less disturbed during surgery, and patients report that their recovery was much more comfortable than they expected.
TUSBA breast augmentation with silicone implants
After over 20 years of experience with TUBA using saline-filled implants, Dr. Haiavy now also offers TUSBA, or transumbilical silicone breast augmentation. Dr. Haiavy is only the third surgeon worldwide to successfully perform this procedure, and he offers it exclusively at Inland Cosmetic Surgery.
In collaboration with his colleague Dr. Patino, Dr. Haiavy pioneered an advanced technique for placing silicone implants through the belly button. While much of the technique is the same as that used in TUBA with saline implants, the technique uses the Keller Funnel® No-Touch™ technique to place the implants. The Keller Funnel® minimizes handling of the implants and thereby reduces the risk of infection.
In addition to carrying all the same benefits of TUBA, TUSBA with silicone implants allows you to enjoy the natural look and feel of silicone gel-filled implants. Patients often choose silicone implants because they are lightweight and move with your body in a way that feels natural. Whether you want to avoid the scars from traditional breast augmentation incisions or you want to replace lost volume in the breasts, you may be a good candidate for TUSBA.
Visit our Before & After GalleryView TUBA Breast Augmentation Results and Save your Favorites >
How belly button breast augmentation works
Typically, breast implants are placed through incisions made in the natural breast crease, around the areola, or even the armpit. A talented cosmetic surgeon can minimize the appearance of subsequent scars by placing incisions in natural folds where they will be naturally camouflaged, but there is no way to avoid scarring altogether.
Transumbilical breast augmentation, on the other hand, involves no incisions on the breasts at all. Rather, our cosmetic surgeons make a small J- or C-shaped incision in the natural folds of the belly button, through which they guide a narrow, flexible tube with a camera, called an endoscope, under the skin and up to the chest.
Once the breast pocket has been expanded, an empty saline breast implant will be placed either over or under the pectoral muscle and then filled to the desired size with sterile saline solution. The endoscope is removed, and the belly button incision is sutured.
Breast Implant Options
Saline or Silicone? High or Low Profile? Round or Shaped?
You’ll be sent home with a bandage around your breasts, but this will usually be removed in the following days during your post-op appointment.
Is TUBA right for me?
A scarless breast augmentation sounds great, right? Transumbilical breast augmentation is a fantastic option for many women, but there are a few special considerations to make as we determine if it’s the best fit for you:
- Only saline implants can be used. Because the TUBA technique requires us to make a narrow “tunnel” through the abdomen, we have to place an unfilled implant, which takes up much less space. Silicone gel breast implants come pre-filled, so will need to be placed through traditional methods.
- If you’ve recently had abdominal surgery, TUBA may not be right for you. That’s because scar tissue can add unnecessary complications to the procedure.
- Tuberous breasts sometimes require more extensive reshaping, so traditional techniques may be best.
- Find out if you are a good candidate for TUBA »
The best way to find out if belly button breast augmentation in Rancho Cucamonga is appropriate for you is to schedule a private consultation with one of our talented cosmetic surgeons. You’ll meet with Dr. Jacob Haiavy, Dr. Irene Tower, or Dr. Emma Ryan to discuss your goals, learn more about what options are best for you, and design a plan that meets your needs.