Rancho Cucamonga scarless breast augmentation
Our surgeons specialize in transumbilical breast augmentation with either silicone or saline implants
As most breast augmentation patients will tell you, the cost, recovery, and even the faint scars are totally worth the feeling you get when you look in the mirror and love what you see. But what if you didn’t have to worry about the inevitable scarring, and could just focus on how much you love your new bust? Here at Inland Cosmetic Surgery, you can.
I got the TUBA breast augmentation. The recovery time was minimal and not too much pain. I healed fairly quickly and did my post op pics at 1 month. I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the results!!!Real Inland Cosmetic Surgery patient
TUBA, or transumbilical breast augmentation, is a breast implant placement technique that produces excellent results with minimal scarring. Sometimes referred to as “belly button” breast augmentation, TUBA is a specialized procedure that requires great skill and experience.
Dr. Haiavy was one of the first cosmetic surgeons in the United States and Southern California to perform transumbilical breast augmentation—and our practice remains one of only a few who offer TUBA. Over 3,000 of these special procedures have been performed at Inland Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Haiavy has also published several articles on his TUBA techniques, including Transumbilical Silicone Breast Augmentation: A Practical Review of an Innovative Technique published in the Annals of Plastic Surgery and co-written with our own Dr. Emma Ryan.
TUSBA breast augmentation with silicone breast implants
After over 20 years of experience with TUBA using saline-filled implants, Dr. Haiavy began to also offer ‘TUSBA,” or transumbilical silicone breast augmentation, a technique for placing not just saline implants, but also silicone breast implants through the belly button. Dr. Haiavy is only the third surgeon worldwide to successfully perform this procedure, and he offers it exclusively at Inland Cosmetic Surgery.
In collaboration with his colleague Dr. Patino, Dr. Haiavy pioneered the advanced technique for placing silicone implants through the belly button. While much of the technique is the same as that used in TUBA with saline implants, the technique uses the Keller Funnel® No-Touch™ technique to place the implants. The Keller Funnel® minimizes handling of the implants and thereby reduces the risk of infection.
When it comes to achieving a Natural by Haiavy™ result, silicone implants take your outcome to the next level, with both a scar-free appearance and a softer, more natural breast feel. Patients often choose silicone implants because they are lightweight and move with your body in a way that feels natural. Whether you want to avoid the scars from traditional breast augmentation incisions or you simply want to replace lost volume in the breasts, you may be a good candidate for TUSBA.
Breast Implant Options
Saline or Silicone? High or Low Profile? Round or Shaped?
How belly button breast augmentation works
Traditionally, breast implants are placed through incisions made in the natural breast crease, around the areola, or even the armpit. A talented cosmetic surgeon can minimize the appearance of subsequent scars by placing incisions in natural folds where they will be naturally camouflaged. But there is no way to avoid scarring altogether.
Transumbilical breast augmentation, on the other hand, involves no incisions on the breasts at all. Rather, our cosmetic surgeons make a small J- or C-shaped incision in the natural folds of the belly button, through which they guide a narrow, flexible tube with a camera, called an endoscope, under the skin and up to the chest.
Once the breast pocket has been expanded, we will place either saline or silicone implants using one of the following methods:
- Saline breast implants: An empty saline breast implant will be placed either over or under the pectoral muscle and then filled to the desired size with sterile saline solution. The endoscope is removed, and the belly button incision is sutured.
- Silicone breast implants: A silicone breast implant is precisely placed below the chest muscle using the Keller Funnel®. The endoscope is removed, and the incision in the belly button is sutured.
You’ll be sent home with a bandage around your breasts, but this will usually be removed in the following days during your post-op appointment.
Visit our Before & After GalleryView TUBA Breast Augmentation Results and Save your Favorites >
Benefits of TUBA breast augmentation
This unique procedure virtually eliminates many of the concerns patients may have about breast augmentation—and there are many procedure and recovery benefits of the TUBA technique.
- No visible scars: There is no cut made to the breast, nipple, or underarm.
- Reduced loss of sensation: Nerves and breast tissue are usually less disturbed and no cut is made to the sensitive nipple area.
- Reduced risk of infection: The procedure is performed through one small incision away from the breast area.
- Quicker recovery: Because fewer and smaller incisions are made, your body has less to heal. While you will still need to take it easy, our TUBA patients are back to feeling normal much sooner.
- Less pain: While you’ll still feel tightness and some soreness as your body acclimates to the breast implants, the breasts themselves are less disturbed during surgery, and patients report that their recovery was much more comfortable than they expected.
Is TUBA right for me?
A scarless breast augmentation sounds great, right? Transumbilical breast augmentation is a fantastic option for many women, but there are a few special considerations to make as we determine if it’s the best fit for you:
- If you want to go bigger than 400 cc, we can only use saline implants. Because the TUSBA technique requires us to make a narrow “tunnel” through the abdomen, we can only place silicone gel implants up to about 400 cc (an increase of roughly two cup sizes). Saline implants are placed unfilled, so we are able to use all sizes of saline implant for TUBA.
- If you’ve recently had abdominal surgery, TUBA may not be right for you. That’s because scar tissue can add unnecessary complications to the procedure.
- Tuberous breasts sometimes require more extensive reshaping, so traditional techniques may be best if you have this condition.
- Find out if you are a good candidate for TUBA »
Schedule your breast augmentation consultation today
The best way to find out if belly button breast augmentation in Rancho Cucamonga is appropriate for you is to schedule a private consultation with one of our talented cosmetic surgeons. You’ll meet with Dr. Haiavy, Dr. Tower, or Dr. Ryan to discuss your goals, learn more about what options are best for you, and design a plan that meets your needs. Call (909) 987-0899 or fill out our online contact form today.