10 Foot Resolutions to Make for 2016
Your feet may be the last thing on your mind when you’re making your New Year’s resolutions for 2016, but they deserve a little extra TLC as well. So, keep your gym goals and promises of betterment on your list, but also consider making (and sticking to!) these foot resolutions.
A Little Support Goes a Long Way
One of the top reasons for foot problems is ill-fitting shoes. Just because a shoe is cute or complements your long legs does not mean that you should risk the health of your feet. Try these shoe-related resolutions on for size:
1. “I will not shove my feet into shoes that do not fit me.”
2. “I will only buy shoes that are sturdy, supportive, and comfortable.”
3. “I will not exercise or go hiking in a new pair of shoes that are not yet broken in.”
Our recommendation: If you can’t bear the thought of giving up your heels, stick with brands that meld style with comfort and support. We promise, they’re out there! You can also invest in good foot support pads from a company like Dr. Scholl’s.
Toe Maintenance is Key
When it comes to the feet, most people don’t think of the toes as one of the most supportive parts—but they are! Toes keep the rest of the body balanced and grounded, and your toes should absolutely be part of your foot maintenance routine.
4. “I will clip my toenails every week and make sure to take my time.”
5. “If I have a problem, I will not simply cover it up with toenail polish.”
Our recommendation: While pedicures can be a great way to stay on top of nail care, make sure you are visiting a reputable nail salon with top safety standards. At home, invest in quality pedicure tools and turn your toenail maintenance into a perfect self-pampering session.
Pamper Your Feet
Like your hands and other delicate parts of the body, it’s important to keep your feet clean and moisturized. Finding and maintaining the perfect balance between care and prevention is sure to help your feet live a long and healthy life. Here are some goals to keep your feet happy in 2016:
6. “I will moisturize my feet every day and make sure they are not dried out.”
7. “I will never go barefoot in public settings.”
8. “I will keep them clean and implement a foot soak into my weekly routine.”
9. “I will buy socks that naturally wick away excess moisture.”
10. “If I have foot pain, I will talk to a professional immediately.”
Our recommendation: Try to make foot care part of your normal daily routine. It takes only a month or so to form a habit, and your feet will thank you for it!
Meet with a Podiatrist
Look at your feet as your wheels on your car: without them, you cannot go anywhere! Many people don’t know how crucial it is to take care of your feet, but if you let them deteriorate, you’re likely to experience a lot of trouble. We’ll spare you the painful stories, but trust us, prevention is far more pleasant than fixing foot problems that have gotten out of hand.
Working with a professional is the best way to stay on top of the health of your feet, but most people have never met with a podiatrist! If you have any concerns involving the health of your feet and are in the Rancho Cucamonga area, do contact us today. Together, we can make sure your feet are getting everything they need to get you from point A to B safely and comfortably!