Rancho Cucamonga Body Lift After Weight Loss
We’ve helped numerous patients from Rancho Cucamonga and beyond complete their weight loss journey with expertly performed body lift surgery and compassionate care
Unfortunately, a person’s body transformation does not always end once excess weight has been lost. Sagging areas of excess skin are often left behind, which can be embarrassing or even physically uncomfortable. This can be a tough period for anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight—it’s easy to assume that everything will be wonderful once you’ve reached your goals and disappointing when you still feel uncomfortable with the appearance of your body.
Skin that has been “stretched” beyond its natural capacity will never just bounce back on its own, no matter how many toning exercises you do or specialty creams you apply. But that doesn’t mean you will forever be plagued by heavy, hanging skin that chafes and makes it difficult to find clothes that fit correctly.
Body lift surgery after weight loss can help you enjoy the results of your hard work by removing the excess skin to improve your body proportions, highlight your slimmer physique, and help you feel more comfortable and confident day to day.
- Key Benefits
- Removal of Excess Skin: After substantial weight loss, excess skin can be a concern; a body lift effectively removes this, improving the overall appearance.
- Improved Body Contour and Shape: The procedure contours and reshapes areas of the body, enhancing the results of weight loss.
- Enhanced Comfort and Mobility: Removing excess skin can increase comfort, reduce chafing and skin irritation, and improve mobility.
- Reduction in Skin Infections and Hygiene Problems: Excess skin folds can lead to skin infections and hygiene challenges; a body lift can alleviate these issues.
- Better Fit for Clothing: Clothes often fit better and are more flattering post-surgery, broadening wardrobe options.
- Elimination of Certain Physical Restrictions: Excess skin can restrict movement in certain activities; its removal can lead to a more active and comfortable lifestyle.
- Long-Lasting Results: If weight remains stable, the results of a body lift can be long-lasting, maintaining the improved body shape over time.
- Can Address Multiple Areas in One Procedure: A body lift can target several areas of the body, such as the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and hips, in a single procedure.
- 360 Body Lift: Also known as a total body lift, this procedure addresses excess skin and fat around the entire circumference of the body, including the abdomen, lower back, buttocks, and thighs.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): A surgical procedure removing excess skin and fat from the abdomen, often included in a body lift.
- Anesthesia: Medications used during surgery to prevent pain and alter consciousness, essential for body lift procedures.
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty): A surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the upper arms, sometimes part of a comprehensive body lift after significant weight loss.
- Body Contouring: Procedures that reshape areas of the body, such as body lifts, often utilized after major weight loss.
- Body Lift: A surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fat from various body areas following significant weight loss.
- Circumferential Body Lift: Also known as a lower body lift, involving the removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen, hips, buttocks, and thighs.
- Compression Garments: Specialized clothing worn post-surgery to reduce swelling and support the healing process, recommended after a body lift.
- Excess Skin Removal: The surgical removal of loose skin, a key component of body lift procedures.
- Liposuction: A cosmetic surgery technique, often used alongside body lifts to remove excess fat from targeted areas.
- Panniculectomy: A procedure to remove the pannus or excess skin and tissue from the lower abdomen, sometimes part of a body lift.
- Posterior Body Lift: A procedure focusing on the removal of excess skin and fat from the back and buttocks, part of the body lift process.
- Recovery Time: The healing period after surgery, vital for patients undergoing a body lift.
- Skin Elasticity: The ability of skin to stretch and return to its original state, important in determining body lift outcomes.
- Thigh Lift: A surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the thighs, often included in a body lift for those with significant weight loss.
Is a body lift right for you?
If you are struggling with excess skin after having lost a large amount of weight naturally or through weight loss surgery, you may be a good candidate for a post-bariatric body lift. The goal of the body lift is not to address excess fat; ideal candidates will be at or near their ideal weight before surgery.
The only way to truly determine if a body lift is right and safe for you is to meet with an experienced cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Jacob Haiavy, Dr. Irene Tower, or Dr. Emma Ryan. Your surgeon will examine your areas of concern and talk to you about your goals. Because there are a number of conditions associated with being overweight that can complicate surgery, be prepared to be open and honest about your medical history before moving forward.
A body lift can help treat areas that are affected by loose skin, including the:
- Abdomen or hips
Other procedures may be combined with a body lift for enhanced results, such as a breast lift with or without implants to address a droopy appearance, fat grafting to further improve body contours, or facial rejuvenation to reduce sagging skin.
What happens during a body lift?
When you come in for your consultation with Dr. Haiavy, Dr. Tower, or Dr. Ryan they will listen to your expectations and observe your body to develop a treatment plan unique to your condition. The pattern and length of the incision required for your surgery will be based on the amount of excess skin you need removed as well as its location.
With a full lower body lift, a circumferential incision will be made around your body (sitting at about waist level) to remove a belt of the loose skin. Your surgeon can then carefully tighten the underlying tissue and repair the abdominal wall before pulling the skin tight and closing your incisions to achieve a smooth, tighter contour.
Recovery from your procedure will depend on the extent of your surgery. It will take time for bruising and swelling to fade, however you will notice the beautiful changes in the shape of your body almost instantly.
For some of our patients we may recommend our post-surgery lymphatic drainage massage therapy treatments performed by our licensed massage therapist as part of your recovery. This unique type of massage can help minimize post-surgery swelling and support your overall wellness.
Visit our Before & After GalleryView Body Lift Results and Save your Favorites >
Southern California Body Lift
Ready to get the silhouette you’ve been wanting? Click here for your at Rancho Cucamonga’s Inland Cosmetic Surgery.
Service areas include: Rancho Cucamonga, Chino Hills, Corona, Riverside, Newport Beach, Victorville, Hesperia, and Upland, California.